How do you digitally paint an environment?
How to paint an atmospheric environment
- Decide on the composition. I start the painting process with a loose thumbnail.
- Add colour and light. Next I establish the colours and lighting in the scene.
- Identify the focal point.
- Applying the Golden Ratio.
- Make use of clipping masks.
- Maintain a rhythm.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
How do I paint mountains?
- Paint the sky a gradient of cerulean blue that lightens to titanium white.
- Use a 4 bright brush and titanium white to paint the outline of the mountain shape.
- Mix a medium gray on your palette.
- Let the gray dry then use a piece of chalk to draw the division line of the mountains.
Is digital painting easier than traditional?
Yes, digital art is more difficult than traditional art for those with more skill and practice with traditional art. But, traditional art is more difficult than digital art for those with more skill and practice with digital art. It depends on the game we’re used to playing.