- 1 How do I know what mountain bike to buy?
- 2 What is the best mountain bike for the money?
- 3 How much should I spend on a mountain bike UK?
- 4 What does a good mountain bike cost?
- 5 What is a decent mountain bike brand?
- 6 Are Walmart mountain bikes good?
- 7 How do I get the best deal on a mountain bike?
- 8 How much should I spend on my first mountain bike?
- 9 Is a full suspension mountain bike worth it?
- 10 How much does an entry level mountain bike cost?
- 11 Why are MTB so expensive?
- 12 Are treks good mountain bikes?
How do I know what mountain bike to buy?
So check out our top tips on how to find the perfect ride to get trail-ready.
- Get the right size.
- Choose a wheel size.
- Choose hardtail or full-suss.
- Don’t obsess about weight.
- Beware the flashy trinkets.
- Choose suspension quality, not quantity.
- Look for futureproof design.
- Keep some budget back.
What is the best mountain bike for the money?
10 Best Mountain Bikes of 2021
- Best Overall Trail Bike. Ibis Ripmo V2 XT. $5,899 List. Wheel Size: 29-inch | Rear Travel: 147mm.
- Best Mid-Travel Trail Bike. Yeti SB130 TURQ X01. $7,299 List.
- Best 27.5-inch Trail Bike. Santa Cruz 5010 CC XO1 RSV. $8,099 List.
- Best Budget Mountain Bike. Giant Stance 29 2. $1,550 List.
How much should I spend on a mountain bike UK?
We reckon that you should really budget around £350 as a minimum. That might seem a lot, but you’ll be guaranteed a bike that can deal with all but the most extreme terrain without falling apart after a couple of outings. Spending more also means that the bike will be lighter, making getting up the hills much easier.
What does a good mountain bike cost?
A decent Mountain Bike will cost anywhere between $400 and $800, however, there are many ways to save even more money on a quality bike.
What is a decent mountain bike brand?
Here are seven of the best mountain bike brands.
- Yeti. The first mountain bike brand on the list is Yeti Cycles, founded in 1985 and currently located in Colorado.
- Kona. Founded in 1988, Kona Bicycle Company is one of the best mountain bike brands in the world.
- Santa Cruz.
Are Walmart mountain bikes good?
Walmart mountain bikes are of poor quality and not assembled by experts. Buying a cheap MTB can be outright dangerous when you want to ride trails. They’re fine for commuting but aren’t made for extremer environments. Avoid cheap bikes if you plan to do some serious mountain biking.
How do I get the best deal on a mountain bike?
7 Ways to Get a Great Deal When Buying Your Next Mountain Bike
- Buy in the Off-Season When Prices Are Discounted.
- Buy a Used, But Well-Maintained Rental Bike from a Shop Fleet.
- Find a Great Demo Program.
- Buy a Used Bike from a Private Party.
- Opt for a Wheel Size or Standard that’s Fallen out of Fashion.
How much should I spend on my first mountain bike?
At the bare minimum, we recommend looking at hardtails for no less than $1,500 and full suspension at $2,000 to $2,500. You can certainly purchase bikes for less, especially if you get away from the name brands or are willing to take inferior parts.
Is a full suspension mountain bike worth it?
You want a more comfortable ride: A full-suspension mountain bike will soak up most of the jarring bumps that would otherwise be sent to your body (and in some cases, buck you off your bike). This can help reduce fatigue, which in turn can allow you to ride faster, for longer, with greater comfort.
How much does an entry level mountain bike cost?
Between $600 – $1,000 Good news for entry level riders looking to cover basic trails. A good hardtail becomes accessible at this price point, as do hydraulic disc brakes. Hydraulic brakes require less maintenance and provide more power and better modulation.
Why are MTB so expensive?
Mountain bikes are expensive because of the use of high-quality components and technology, some MTB’s go up to $13,000. Cheap mountain bikes are outright dangerous on trails, frames, wheel, and handlebars can break especially if you ride trails.
Are treks good mountain bikes?
Trek is the world leader in mountain bike technology. No surprise that our mountain bikes are the most technologically advanced on the market. Here, innovations are not limited to only the highest-end MTB models. Every Trek mountain bike is loaded with features and details that will make any ride, on any trail, better.